I've never done a meme
on this blog before, but I liked the 30 Days in Photos Project list over at Hey Baby Que Paso
. (Thanks for the idea, Erin!) Day One's prompt is A picture of yourself with ten facts
, and I'm borrowing that concept for today's post.
A picture of myself:
|Hey, look! It's the Empire State Building!|
And, ten things about me, exclusive of diabetes.
- One of my favorite feelings in the world is laughing to the point of crying. If you can make me do that, I will buy you a sandwich.
- June is easily one of my favorite months - my birthday, my wedding anniversary, my dad's birthday - oh yeah, and Flag Day.
- I guess I've established a pattern of having a thing for birds?*
- When I was a fifth grader, our teacher dressed up for Halloween as Vincent Van Gogh. (She even had a bandage over her ear.) Ever since then, he's been my favorite artist. His work just makes sense to me.
- My feet are always cold, which seems to bother Aaron more than it bothers me.
- I'm a bit addicted to lip balm/gloss. I'm not sure how this happened.
- I have a black belt in Tae Kwon Do. I haven't practiced since high school though, so don't expect me to pull out any wicked-awesome moves if we get mugged in an alley someday.
- There are a whole mess of movies that I haven't seen. Movies that "everyone" has seen. Movies that, when I claim to not having seen it, people generally react "WHAT???!?! You haven't seen _____??!!!?!?!" Yeah, sorry. I'm probably never going to get around to seeing them, either - but I can totally quote some Billy Madison or Anchorman for you in the meantime.
- Cardigan sweaters are a wardrobe staple. I must have at least twenty of them.
- I will listen to just about anything with a good beat. But maybe you already knew that.
*I've noticed recently that I seem to keep collecting decorative things with birds on them. Examples:
|Favorite purse ever.|
|Aaaaand... another bird.|
Love the meme but was distracted by that fabulous bird bag! Any chance you will divulge it's whereabout?ReplyDelete
Everyone seems to love this bag! It's a Fossil; I don't see this print on their website anymore, but here's the most similar one:
Hope this helps. :)
It is a cute purse!! I'm jealous about the black belt and the lip gloss thing- I've always wanted to do martial arts and I am awesome at buying tubes of lip gloss and then never using them. Its a serious problem.ReplyDelete
So, let me get this straight: What you're saying is that when we are jumped in an alley in D.C., you are not going to resort to your Tae Kwon Do but instead make the muggers laugh until they cry? Maybe by doing the Diabetes "Creep" Dance, first seen on a recent SNL skit...? I'm so there. And if you do that, and we have any money left, I'll buy you a sandwich.ReplyDelete