It is somehow that time of year already; the time where friends and family are asking me what they might get me as a gift during the holidays. To tell you the truth, I'm having some trouble coming up with a list for them. There are some special things I'd like, but you, dear SantAnimas, are the only one who could deliver them! So here's my list - check it twice.
- I would like a "Back" button. Over the last 11 months, I've cumulatively spent hours scrolling through menus, trying to get to things like my I:C ratio. It's unnecessary, and annoying.
- Please consider using a higher quality ink on that "OK" button. Right now, mine says "C :"
- Is there any way you could make the "empty cartridge" alarm a bit less cute and sing-songy? I slept right through the harmonious warnings for two and a half hours the other night, and thusly woke up to cotton mouth and a reading of 257 at 3:30 am.
- I'd like the ability to override the IOB amount. Because, dear Santa, there are times when I administer a bolus, and then smell band-aids. I rip out my site, because it's not absorbing, and an undetermined amount of insulin leaks out - yet my pump still thinks I have all of those units on board. You let me control just about everything else on that little robot - why not IOB?
- When I change out the battery, it would be great if the pump could remember how much insulin was in the cartridge.
- And lastly, it would save me a lot of trouble if I could make basal adjustments from the meter remote. Pretty please? It's not always convenient to dig my pump out from wherever I have it hidden under my clothing.