Good morning! I've been wicked behind on d-blog reading lately, and I'm attempting to catch up a bit. I'm also attemping to silence all of the beeping around me (accidental cell phone alarm that I don't remember setting, Dexcom "callibrate me NOW" beeps, insulin pump low cartridgeness). Pass the coffee, pls.
- I Don't Think You Know, from Ellie at Oddly Ironic: Living with what she describes as "severe reactive hypoglycemia... or so they think... we're really not sure at this point", she finds that a low moment gets mistaken for a "feel sorry for me" moment by someone at a friend's party. Awkward.
- 31 Days: The Dish Drainer, from Zakary at Raising Colorado: For similar reasons that I have an addiction/need to limit my time with things like Pinterest and Real Simple magazine, I've been glued to Zakary's "31 Days. It's a Hot Mess." challenge. It also inspired me to clean out our coat closet and kitchen junk drawer last night. And I didn't even need wine to do it! Hats off to you, m'lady.
- "The Hook" Brings You Back, by Scott at Rolling in the D: What wins, when it comes to the medical equipment you decide to use? Is how the data is presented king, or is it trumped by a less painful, waterproof option? Is it worth "more d-crap to haul and less comprehensive reports" if it means more accurate readings?
- Eye Eye Captain!, by Danie at Danie, Diabetes and Dieting: None of us really enjoy those eye appointments, but Danie's recent appointment provided a welcome reminder for her of the goals she needs to work towards.
- My only goal is to finish, by Victoria at VictoriaCumbow.com: YOU GUYS, she's riding 105 miles in Death Valley, CA this weekend. That's a scary sentence, let alone actual goal. Lend her some supportive words?
- T3's - I Love You But I Don't Understand You, by Karen at Blah Blah Bklyn: This post touches on something many of us wonder, but perhaps don't say out loud: "How does a husband or a wife or a parent look at their loved one [with diabetes] and just say 'Well, I'm going to be as supportive as I can, but this is kind of on you' and then live with that?!" For the record, I'd be a terrible T3 too, Karen.
Oh Kim, thanks so much for the shout out! Encouragement goes such a long way! Love you lady! And thanks for some other great reading suggestions. It seems we have similar addictions by way of Real Simple and Pinterest, so I'm looking forward to checking out 31 Days! You are the best!ReplyDelete
Thanks for the links Kim :)ReplyDelete
Love it when I find new d-blogs this way! Thanks for sharing!ReplyDelete
Thanks so much for the shout out!! It really means a lot! :)ReplyDelete
I loved Karen's (Blah Blah Bklyn) post. As you know when I am around you guys, I can't help but sneak a peek at your meters and CGMs. I'm a horrible T3!!ReplyDelete