- I've been reading up on what the Roche Media Summit 2011 was all about, from my friends in the DOC who attended. I also have tuned in to some of the video coverage provided by the Diabetes Hands Foundation's UStream channel. (And you should, too - it sounds like it was a pretty amazing event!)
- The Children With Diabetes Friends For Life conference in Orlando is next week. (Wait, whaaaaat? Next week already? That's hard to believe.) This will be my first time attending, and even though some gracious souls have already said they'll help me figure it all out, my inner organizer/nerd/detail addict really wants to print off every map and schedule I have and laminate them. And then maybe bring some washable Sharpies so I can write all over them.
- On a serious note, though - I'm really looking forward to the FFL conference, and the chance to spend a few days meeting and hanging out with some of my favorite PWDs. But it also brings on that flurry of pre-travel chaos that I never can seem to calm down about - the filling of prescriptions, the packing of extra everything, the worrying over flying and pump malfunctions and did I bring enough sunscreen and what if it cools down should I bring jeans and did I remember to pack sunglasses?
- I also acquired a Kindle, so I now need to find time to sit down and figure out how to use it. (I'm not complaining - I just know myself, and how frustrated I'll likely get trying to work it before the thing starts being enjoyable.)
- I managed to space off responding to an Online Diabetes Support Team question, which makes me feel like a total tool when I get that email two days later saying, "Um... soooo... are you still planning to respond to this?" from one of the moderators. Kim: 0. Life: 1.
- And lastly, the You Can Do This Project has been awesome so far. Thank you to everyone who has made a video, a blog post, or a podcast so far - your entries have been so heartfelt and real, which is exactly what I was hoping this project would encourage people to do. I'm working on a couple of ways to help YCDT reach more people, and I'll be excited to share those things as soon as I can. :) (And don't forget - this is a giveaway week, so start leaving comments on the You Can Do This page on Thursday, before midnight (CST) to win a Hope Paige Medical ID!)
|But... but Mom! The outside! It's right there!|
I want to go to there!