- When was the last time I ate?
- Did I forget to bolus?
- Did I eat more than I planned for when I took that bolus? (Related: am I horrible at carb guessing?)
- Did my infusion site clog/kink/come loose?
- Was the insulin skunky/old/ineffective?
- Has the site been in too long? Wait, when did I put this site in?
- Is it Tuesday? (read: diabetes is on its own schedule and doesn't always need a good reason to mess with me)
One more gross picture of that infusion site? Okay, here you go.
Note: if you're wondering what sort of infusion set this is, it's made by Spring Diabetes. They were kind enough to send me some free samples, which I'm trying out for a couple of weeks before I form a solid opinion on them. Don't let the blood and guts deter you - any infusion site has the ability to hit a blood vessel, yaknow? User error!