- There's nothing quite like getting a haircut and blowdry at a salon to make me feel like I'm living in a hair commercial. I might have indulgently (and obnoxiously?) swung my hair around just a wee bit at the grocery store before I headed home on Saturday.
- The diabetes gods will always ensure that no matter where I put a new infusion site, Aaron will snag it while hugging me. And that I will reflexively respond, "It's okay!!", while trying to mask the wincing.
- The JDRF had a live webcast last week on glucose-responsive (or "smart", as it's otherwise known) insulin - if you missed it, you can watch the archived version here.
- Several awesome people with diabetes will be convening this coming weekend in Kansas City (there's a NYC meet-up, too), and I am beyond excited to see everyone - and meet some face-to-face for the first time! Also, I will get to prove that my husband is a real person, as this is only the second DOC meetup he's been able to attend with me. ;) I'll be tweeting as much as I can remember to over the weekend. (Sometimes it's hard to remember - I'd rather live the moment and talk about it later, you know?)
- Billy - your brand new dog bed is not a giant chew toy. STOP IT. (P.S. Thanks for the snuggles this morning; you make Mondays just that much more bearable. Or dogable. You're not a bear. Whatever.)
Monday, October 3, 2011
Giant Chew Toy, It Is Not.
Bullet points are my friends.
Posted by Kim Labels: Billy Corgin, DOC, JDRF, meet-ups
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I feel the same way about my husband! I started my blog before I even met my husband and yet I think there's are only a handful of DOCers who have met him IRL! If it wasn't for pictures, I'm not sure people would believe he was real! LOL. I can't wait to meet Aaron. And see you of course!ReplyDelete
Allison - your comment made me remember that he HAS been to a meetup before - last December in NYC! Had to amend my post. :)ReplyDelete
Looking forward to seeing everyone!!
Flipping your hair again? ;)ReplyDelete
yay! so excited! :)ReplyDelete
Loved this hair-flipping, Billy-snuggling post!!! Too cute. :)ReplyDelete
I love that your habit of hair flipping made it in to your first bullet :)ReplyDelete