Twenty seven years is an awfully long time.
- It's as long as Carly Rae Jepsen has been alive.
- It's the amount of time the world has had to wait for peanut butter-flavored Pop Tarts to make a come back.
- It's how long ago the movie Top Gun was released.
- It's the age at which musicians should probably make sure they have a life insurance policy.
- If you own a Chevy Volt, it's how long you'll have to wait to break even.
- In that time, you will (on average) blink 216,000,000 times, take 170,294,400 breaths, and your heart will beat 1,135,296,000 times.
How many situations that most would consider "bad" could happen in that time? How many times might a person become discouraged, frustrated, or angered? How many life-altering events might happen? How many reasons might life give you that could justify giving up on your optimism?
My greatest accomplishment is that, after all these years, I am still holding on to mine.
Everything you need to know about Diabetes Blog Week can be found here!