- I really need to figure out how to bolus for Mexican food. I looooove Mexican food, which is a by-product of my love of cheese. I had rice, beans, tortilla chips, and the tortilla around my burrito - so, a lot of carbs, right? I guessed it was 80g total, did the math, then went to the Combo Bolus screen and gave the Okay! for a 4-hour, 60/40 split bolus. I was about 130 (but coming down) before we started eating. Fast forward to half an hour after leaving the restaraunt: I'm 71 and dropping - cancel the rest of the extended bolus, drink some sugary stuff. Now I'm 227. *shakes fist*
- Almost lost the CGM receiver yesterday. (By the way, my receiver is named Jim. He just is.) I went out for a walk with it in my pocket, and when I returned to work, Jim wasn't there. Turns out he was laying face down on some mulch, 3 blocks away from my building. He was wearing his gray "jacket", so he blended in pretty well. Is my pocket really that bad of a place to hang out that he had to jump ship?
- There is something about little girls (like, toddler-age) wearing flip-flops that just gets me every time. I instinctively go "Awwww!". I can't help it. Also, I'm seeing pregnant ladies everywhere. Is there such a thing as Baby Season? Because I think we're in the thick of it.
- I am going to be on the beach in 8 days, and I cannot wait. I'm still trying to decide what my insulin strategy will be that day - do I wear the pump clipped onto my swim suit? Do I disconnect and keep it in the cooler, bolusing a few units every once in a while?
- I get to go to a couple of College World Series games this weekend. I think that I'm equally as excited about the sun I'll get while sitting there, as I am about watching the games.
Friday, June 18, 2010
I Love Bullet Points.
It's Friday, my belly is full of delicious Mexican food, and I have too many thoughts to put into one cohesive post. So, I'm doing a list of thoughts.