- I really need to figure out how to bolus for Mexican food. I looooove Mexican food, which is a by-product of my love of cheese. I had rice, beans, tortilla chips, and the tortilla around my burrito - so, a lot of carbs, right? I guessed it was 80g total, did the math, then went to the Combo Bolus screen and gave the Okay! for a 4-hour, 60/40 split bolus. I was about 130 (but coming down) before we started eating. Fast forward to half an hour after leaving the restaraunt: I'm 71 and dropping - cancel the rest of the extended bolus, drink some sugary stuff. Now I'm 227. *shakes fist*
- Almost lost the CGM receiver yesterday. (By the way, my receiver is named Jim. He just is.) I went out for a walk with it in my pocket, and when I returned to work, Jim wasn't there. Turns out he was laying face down on some mulch, 3 blocks away from my building. He was wearing his gray "jacket", so he blended in pretty well. Is my pocket really that bad of a place to hang out that he had to jump ship?
- There is something about little girls (like, toddler-age) wearing flip-flops that just gets me every time. I instinctively go "Awwww!". I can't help it. Also, I'm seeing pregnant ladies everywhere. Is there such a thing as Baby Season? Because I think we're in the thick of it.
- I am going to be on the beach in 8 days, and I cannot wait. I'm still trying to decide what my insulin strategy will be that day - do I wear the pump clipped onto my swim suit? Do I disconnect and keep it in the cooler, bolusing a few units every once in a while?
- I get to go to a couple of College World Series games this weekend. I think that I'm equally as excited about the sun I'll get while sitting there, as I am about watching the games.
Friday, June 18, 2010
I Love Bullet Points.
It's Friday, my belly is full of delicious Mexican food, and I have too many thoughts to put into one cohesive post. So, I'm doing a list of thoughts.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Enjoy the CWS! I'll be there Wednesday!ReplyDelete
Thanks - I hope you enjoy it too! :)ReplyDelete
Spring and summer do seem like the peak of baby season, probably because women are no longer wearing layers and layers of clothing.ReplyDelete
Here we have discussed the Difference between Faculty and Staff. It is completely clear there is a huge difference between both. Everyone plays a tremendous role at the different-different platform or organizations.ReplyDelete