In no particular order:
- Super Size Me, from Naturally Sweet: Haley watched this documentary and asks some great questions: "What if a 12 year old boy watched this in health class and learned what diabetes is just from this? Then what if a classmate is diagnosed…would the 12 year old boy assume his classmate made poor life choices and criticize him?" When the media gets it wrong, we all pay.
- Two Shots Too Many, from Typical Type 1: Like many of Jacquie's posts, I love this one for its brutal honesty, vivid imagery, and undeniable humor.
- The post in which I refer to myself as a Hobbit, from C's Life With D: Ever wondered how to liken living with diabetes to being a Hobbit? C's got you covered.
- Right at this moment, from Simon from the 70's: I've really enjoyed Simon's posts lately. This one makes a great point as to why sharing our stories and supporting each other is important - there is always someone out there who can relate.
- The First Step, from Meghann on Juvenation: A post like this takes a lot of courage, and I hope some of us can extend some support and good wishes to her.
- Oops, from Bob Pedersen on Diabetes Daily: The way Bob ended this post left me smilling: when you find something in your life that needs changing, there's no need to dwell or feel badly about it. Just fix it.
image credit: here